02 August, 2010

Winnie turns 10.

In October. So why am I blogging about it now? Well, because preparations have already begun. Winnie has designed and drawn ideas for her cake since she could draw. This year she is insistent that her cake design become reality. So I do some legwork and chat up a few bakeries. Winnie's cake design will feed 150 people. So I get the idea that I'll surf Craigslist for an independent cake decorator, maybe a student, who might be able to make this happen for less money and feeding a smaller army. Negotiations have begun with Michelle from West County. Her parameters are: Under $150, 3 tiers, girly, birthday, ghosts, gravestones, and skeletons. I told her that if she could come up with something around those themes she was a rock star. We'll see what happens.

Meanwhile, Winnie is plotting a party, making lists, deciding on guests, planning gift bags and activities. This girl is nuts. I think her version of "overdoing it" is different than mine. At some point I will have to reign her in, but for now I'm letting her dream.

No comments: