04 August, 2010

Oh dear.

This is the time of year when my chaos-as-organization style of existence doesn't work so well. For every item I cross off of my mental to-do list I add 3 more. I need paper lists. I need organization. I need the van to not be gushing oil out the bottom and I need my student loan money. Doctor appointments, camping/vacation preparation, housekeeping, birthday parties and school prep have got me going in 12 directions but not leaving me any space to move. The things I feel most stressed about are the things I can't do anything about. The result is me sitting amidst the chaos looking like a deer in the headlights. I don't know what to do, where to start. I just know that the light at the end of the tunnel is a week at the beach with my family, a day on the roller coasters with my husband, and a feeling of rejuvenation.

No comments: