11 August, 2010

Road trip, anyone?

The mechanic has driven the van as often as he could in the last couple days and still no sign of any leaks in either the transmission or engine. What. The. FRENCH, Toast??? How can you lose 3qts of transmission fluid without any visible leak? Anyway, so we're going to attempt to leave town in a van that could leave us stranded anywhere at any time. The AAA membership makes me feel slightly better but I wish there was something to fix rather than playing Russian roulette in high heat with an aging vehicle. Oh well, nothing to do but plan for the worst and hope for the best. I've got bigger stuff to worry about. Like, when student loans will arrive. They are occasionally a day or 2 earlier than expected. I can't think of a better semester to be early than this one. I mean really, let's just do this, mm-kay? The sooner they get here the quicker I can start crossing some things off of my to-do list. The list grows and grows each day I am stuck at home with nothing to drive and no money to spend when I get there. Throw me a bone hear MOHELA! Textbooks will be ready for pickup on Friday so I can get some idea as to what we're up against this semester. I'm not expecting anything too horrid, but I also keep forgetting which classes I'm taking so my expectations may be WAY off, lol.

It's so dang hot here that we're just hovering around barely comfortable in the AC of the house. Any movement at all means cranky, sweaty people. I can't wait for the cool breeze off of the lake.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Luckily the a/c is able to keep up here. Probably can keep up in a restaurant also, maybe even one that serves margaritas.