07 August, 2010

Cravings.

Before rumors start, NO, I'm not pregnant, lol. We've started on our P90X workout plan by easing into a new way of eating. I know that for big changes to last they need to be made with care. We're changing our thinking and thus we're allowed some patience. Since the changes I have been craving artichoke hearts, green olives, and avocados. I don't know why. The only thing I can think is that these foods would provide some nutrient I am lacking with the new eating plan. Good fats maybe? These foods ARE on my plan though so I plan on stocking up and chowing down.

Guess what I found on my tomatillos today? FRUIT!!! I'm so excited. I love tomatillo salsa. I think it was too cool early in the season so they are running late. I hope the fruit is big enough to harvest before it starts cooling off too much at night. Tomatillos love heat. I also wonder if the spot they are in isn't their favorite. Next year I'll move them to the big bed in the middle that gets more sun. Squash and Zucchini have been disappointing so if anyone has extra summer squash they can't eat, please send it my way. I'd be happy to take it off your hands, and if there are still tomatoes on my plants I'll gladly share.

I also need advice on drying basil. My basil is out of control huge and I'd love to harvest and dry it for use in the winter. I've never dried it before so guidance would be lovely.

If you'e a praying person, please pray that whatever is wrong with the minivan is something that can be fixed reasonably and QUICKLY. In true family-vacation fashion, we've got trouble a week before a road trip. I looked into renting a van and it would cost us nearly $1000 to do that. Not a good use of our money. If the van can't be fixed we'll just have to buy a new one before we go. Talk about stress. In our research we think it might just be the CV joint in the front wheel. This would be an ideal situation because it's both inexpensive and fast to fix it. There is also some kind of oil leak but I think we can survive that until after the road trip as long as we have oil with us. Whether that will mean the end of the van or not I don't know. Right now I just have to get to the beach. That's all I want, lol. I'll worry about after, well, after.

In other exciting news, Oak has given up the binky. He fell asleep without it one night and hasn't asked for it since. I have no idea which god it is that overseas such things but I want to thank them personally because that was the nicest way to give up a binky there ever was. He's also wearing underpants about 40% of the time and doing a good job at it. My baby isn't a baby anymore! :P. It's very exciting to see him growing the way he is, he's so cute in his exploration and understanding. He's also throwing way more tantrums, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. He's just opinionated, lol.

No comments: